UNISC’s institutional project has five basic commitments responsible for leading decisions and the provision of new services:
- Commitment with the quality of the university, in other words, a good research, extension and educational policy, supported by a permanent institutional evaluation program;
- Commitment with democracy, asserted, mainly, by free elections to choose management representatives;
- Commitment with the community and local reality;
- Commitment with social and environmental responsibility;
- Commitment with the human rights.